Our church (First EFC- Maplewood, MN) youth ministries have partnered with CastleRock Community Church and Urban Impact Ministries in the Central-City of New Orleans since 1997. This blog will highlight the activities of our 2011 team.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Esther's thoughts on upcoming trip

This will be my third year going down to New Orleans with the youth group and I am so excited! I'm excited to see how God will work through me and also to see how He will work in my heart. It's been amazing going to N.O. to play with the kids and show them God's love. Even though they live very different life styles then we do, they are so eager for us to come and play with them like any other kids would be. I also love how even though we are down there serving, they give us devotions and quiet time to do them to help us grow closer to God while we're down there. Every year I come away changed. I know God will be working in my heart this year and I will come away changed having grown closer to God.

Please be praying for: The team that we will be filled with God's love so that the kids can see His love through us.

The kids in N.O. that God will be working in their hearts.

James 4:2 says "You do not have, because you do not ask"
If we don't have prayer support here, then what we do down there won't amount to much more than a fun trip. So please be praying!

No comments: