Our church (First EFC- Maplewood, MN) youth ministries have partnered with CastleRock Community Church and Urban Impact Ministries in the Central-City of New Orleans since 1997. This blog will highlight the activities of our 2011 team.

Monday, July 9, 2007

In Their Own Words- John

"This was my first trip down to New Orleans although the rest of my family has been down multiple times. In terms of the shape of the buildings, the city was about what I expected. One thing I wasn’t expecting was the communities being as alive as they were, even though a lot of the houses were not occupied. The people there were also very friendly, and ever more so when they found out what we were doing. I think that is something that a lot of neighborhoods back home lack is the feeling of being a community." -John


No comments: