Our church (First EFC- Maplewood, MN) youth ministries have partnered with CastleRock Community Church and Urban Impact Ministries in the Central-City of New Orleans since 1997. This blog will highlight the activities of our 2011 team.

Monday, July 9, 2007

In Their Own Words- Kevin

"My experience in New Orleans was amazing in many ways. God opened m eyes to the world that exists beyond my own sheltered life. But He also showed me how He works through the interns and staff at Urban Impact. Everyone working there had a selfless desire to make a difference in Central City and in the lives of the children. The last, and probably the most amazing aspect of the trip was how the groups got along together. Because we were all down there working towards the same goals, bonds and friendships formed very quickly. It seemed like we had known each other for a lifetime, not 6 days. It just goes to show God’s power of unity when we gather together for Him. This trip was one of the best experience of my life and I couldn’t have done it without your prayers and support. I am really excited to go back next year." -Kevin

No comments: