Our church (First EFC- Maplewood, MN) youth ministries have partnered with CastleRock Community Church and Urban Impact Ministries in the Central-City of New Orleans since 1997. This blog will highlight the activities of our 2011 team.

Friday, July 24, 2009

In Their Own Words - Ashley


Matthew 5:16 says, ³In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your father in heaven.² It's stating by shining out the Lord's love, all eyes will be pointed to the Lord. This was my mindset as I was in New Orleans.


Going to New Orleans with the First Evangelical Free Church Team this year was a God-given, amazing, eye-opening, and life-changing experience. From our constant cheers to time spent with children, everything was pointed to the Lord. The Father humbled me when I saw the devastation and open love of those we encountered. My faith was growing in leaps and bounds, and was patched up by the compassion of Christ.


This time was used for learning about Jesus, others, and yourself. I was reminded I can put my trust and hope in Christ in the times of temptations of the devil. I learned ways to spend my assets (time, money, etc.) to glorify God to the fullest each day. From myself, I found the will directs the heart, and when it's God's will, the soul will truly be full.


Through one of our simple VBS cheers, I was reminded of what our everyday mission as Christians is. Mark 12:30 simply says to love the Lord with all you got, and love people until you drop. I will continue to do as the Lord says, and stir on you to do the same also.

No comments: