Our church (First EFC- Maplewood, MN) youth ministries have partnered with CastleRock Community Church and Urban Impact Ministries in the Central-City of New Orleans since 1997. This blog will highlight the activities of our 2011 team.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

In Their Own Words - Esther


New Orleans has been an amazing experience!! I've learned so much and grown closer to so many people! Both years it's been really hard to leave because there's so much I love about being down there, like the kids, the interns, all the youth groups, cheers, scheduled devotion time, and there's so much more. One thing that's really great about Urban Impact is that even though you're down there to serve they have chapel and scheduled devotion time so I've grown so much in my faith from being there. One of the things I've taken away from this experience is to always put God first, they have a saying God first, others second, and I'm third, which I really started to think about over the week. Thank you for all of you that supported the team by prayer or financially. It's really great being in New Orleans and knowing there are so many people praying for you!! I'm really glad I've been able to go to New Orleans, I really hope I can go next year!!!

No comments: