Our church (First EFC- Maplewood, MN) youth ministries have partnered with CastleRock Community Church and Urban Impact Ministries in the Central-City of New Orleans since 1997. This blog will highlight the activities of our 2011 team.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

In Their Own Words - Jake


This week I learned a lot about patience, not only me but I think a lot of people did. When we (the high schoolers) did something wrong to get out in a game we would leave the game and wouldn't complain. Then one of the kids would do the same thing and we would let them have a redo. God really just showed me how to be patient and it is not all about me.
One of the best things down there was the testimonies given by the guys who grew up down there and went through the program. It was really cool to see how we impacted the people down there and got to show God¹s love.i would like to go back again.

No comments: