Our church (First EFC- Maplewood, MN) youth ministries have partnered with CastleRock Community Church and Urban Impact Ministries in the Central-City of New Orleans since 1997. This blog will highlight the activities of our 2011 team.

Monday, July 27, 2009

In Their Own Words - Bekah


This year was my first year going to New Orleans. At first I was a little apprehensive because I didn't know what to expect. When my sister decided to come with as a chaperone, I was really excited. Despite my slight apprehension, God really showed me how much He is in control and that I didn't need to worry about anything.

One of the things that really stuck out to me on this trip was how all of these people could come together and minister so effectively with virtually no "get-to-know-each-other" time because of our common bond in Christ. Another thing that really impacted and refreshed me was just seeing the powerful ministry that Castle Rock and Urban Impact have and being reminded of the importance and impact of the simple Gospel message. The testimonies that we heard were also really encouraging and through them I was reminded of the greatness and awesome power of God.

This trip changed me in ways that nothing else could, and it brought me closer to God and to my youth group. I thank God for the things I learned, the friends I made, and the opportunity I had to be a part of this ministry for a week.

No comments: