Our church (First EFC- Maplewood, MN) youth ministries have partnered with CastleRock Community Church and Urban Impact Ministries in the Central-City of New Orleans since 1997. This blog will highlight the activities of our 2011 team.

Monday, July 27, 2009

In Their Words: Alex


I had sooo much fun returning to New Orleans! I feel so comfortable there and feel God’s presence so much! I had a lot of fun getting to know the interns and kids. Some of them were the same and there were some new faces. God really taught me that His will is perfect and is a lot better than mine. I really thought that it would be awesome if my team won the challenge circle one night. We didn’t win Monday or Tuesday and then Wednesday we couldn’t have the challenge circle because it rained so I was feeling disappointed. But then on Thursday, our last day for the challenge circle, my team won!! All the youth with me, and the kids on our team, were super excited! I realized that if things had gone like I wanted them too the week would have been great. But because it went by God’s perfect plan it was 100 times better! I am hoping to go back next year and thanks again for all your prayers!

No comments: