Our church (First EFC- Maplewood, MN) youth ministries have partnered with CastleRock Community Church and Urban Impact Ministries in the Central-City of New Orleans since 1997. This blog will highlight the activities of our 2011 team.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

In Their Own Words - Sarah

This trip to New Orleans was an experience I had never imagined would be so influential as it was. I fell in love with everyone I came in contact with down there including the staff, the locals, and especially the children. An overwhelming peace was ever present over me while I was down there. There is something about constant service to God and others that satisfies the heart and blankets you with a peace that can only be found when you are living as one in accordance with God. One thing that I will never forget is the time we spent with the kids at the projects. The kids would get so thirsty when we were playing with them and ask us for water. Every night I would arrive with a full water bottle and leave with it empty. Every night, this verse would come to mind, Matthew 25:35 ³For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in.² seeing God¹s Word and will come to life down there changed my life. I thank God that he was able to use me, even in small ways, as his vessel to share his love.

No comments: