Our church (First EFC- Maplewood, MN) youth ministries have partnered with CastleRock Community Church and Urban Impact Ministries in the Central-City of New Orleans since 1997. This blog will highlight the activities of our 2011 team.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

In Their Own Words: Koley

I really don't know what to say other than this has been one of the best experiences of my life. It was a life changing experience for me. Before I went down there I didn't really know what to expect. I didn't how bad it was or anything like that. I just knew I was called to do this. For what reason it was I was not sure.When I finally got there it was totally different then what I thought it was going to be like. I never thought somebody so different from me could love me as much as those kids did.While I was down there I was changed because of those kids.Even though they had very little they were still very optimistic about everything, especially life. At such a young age they sort of had to fend for themselves.

Before this trip I could be selfish at times and I would ask for stuff that doesn't even matter.Since this trip I have tried to not be so caught up in stuff like that.I also have been changed in the fact that I have tried a lot harder to put God first and me last.In another way it was just changing because I got to become closer to some of the best people in the world, and become closer friends. And even though we are so different we all had the same goal in mind, and that was to further the kingdom of God.This experience over all was really great and I hope to return in the future.

No comments: