Our church (First EFC- Maplewood, MN) youth ministries have partnered with CastleRock Community Church and Urban Impact Ministries in the Central-City of New Orleans since 1997. This blog will highlight the activities of our 2011 team.

Saturday, August 9, 2008

In Their Own Words. . .Cara Meidlinger


This was my first time going to New Orleans and my first mission’s trip. I was very excited to spend time getting to know and playing with the kids. I never expected the injury to my knee but I guess sometimes God just has to throw a curve ball. I learned that I needed to be flexible and go with the flow. The main thing I learned was Jesus first, others second and me third, even with my knee injury. I tried to maintain that status. It was a great learning experience and I would recommend it to anyone.

No comments: