Our church (First EFC- Maplewood, MN) youth ministries have partnered with CastleRock Community Church and Urban Impact Ministries in the Central-City of New Orleans since 1997. This blog will highlight the activities of our 2011 team.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

In Their Own Words. . .Dana Jaehnert

When we first got to New Orleans, I had no idea what to expect. Little did I know that I was going to grow close to people and build relationships with kids'. I didn't know how and what God wanted to use me for this week. All I knew was that He was calling me to New Orleans and that I was to go and listen. At Challenge 2008 in SLC, there was a speaker who talked about poverty. He said that once you go out and do Gods work by loving people who are less fortunate than you, they are no longer just "poor people;" they are your friends. They're Demmi, Shanada, Kalil, Regan, and Imanii. They are people that just want to be loved and cared for like everyone else."Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" and I said "Here I am. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

No comments: