Our church (First EFC- Maplewood, MN) youth ministries have partnered with CastleRock Community Church and Urban Impact Ministries in the Central-City of New Orleans since 1997. This blog will highlight the activities of our 2011 team.

Monday, August 11, 2008

In Their Own Words. . .Madeline Gustafson


New Orleans was AMAZING! I worked with the 6-7 year olds during Bible Camp and they were all precious. At the first Challenge Circle, I thought the kids would be excited but instead the kids wanted to give up. I was very discouraged after the first Challenge Circle. As I was feeling discouraged, I realized that my prayer life was dead and that I should be praying for these kids. I prayed that night for the kids at the Challenge Circle and Bible Camp. The next night the kids were excited to be there, thank the Lord! Everyday I would be in prayer for New Orleans and I saw God work in amazing ways! I want to keep my prayer life alive. “Then you will call upon me and go and pray to me and I will listen to you" Jeremiah 29:12

No comments: