Our church (First EFC- Maplewood, MN) youth ministries have partnered with CastleRock Community Church and Urban Impact Ministries in the Central-City of New Orleans since 1997. This blog will highlight the activities of our 2011 team.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

In Their Own Words. . .Esther Baumgartner


I'm kind of shy so at the beginning I wasn't exactly sure how the week was going to go. As I spent more time with the team, I felt more comfortable. After lots of driving we arrived and had training. We also had bible studies and lessons. Most of the interns gave their testimonies. After hearing all the different testimonies, it helped me to realize God is still actively working in peoples lives. When I arrived in New Orleans, I was expecting to play with the kids and have God work in their lives, but God worked in my life also. I had an amazing time and hope I can come again next year.

No comments: