Our church (First EFC- Maplewood, MN) youth ministries have partnered with CastleRock Community Church and Urban Impact Ministries in the Central-City of New Orleans since 1997. This blog will highlight the activities of our 2011 team.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

In Their Own Words. . .Logan Knutsen


Before I left for New Orleans, I kind of thought, “Why are we down here?” I thought that they had pretty much recovered from Katrina. However, I didn't realize or even ever think that there is so much evil and spiritual darkness in New Orleans. On Wednesday I went on a prayer tour where we drove around and stopped for a time of prayer at different places. Towards the end of this prayer tour, we stopped at the levy in the lower 9th Ward. When we got there, I looked around and saw all the damage that was done. Along with all the damage, I also saw all the good that resulted from it. It was at this point that I realized that no matter how bad Katrina was, God used it for His glory. Now there are organizations like Urban Impact who bring workers to New Orleans to care for the people and share the Good News with them. That is how I saw God’s handiwork this week.

No comments: