Our church (First EFC- Maplewood, MN) youth ministries have partnered with CastleRock Community Church and Urban Impact Ministries in the Central-City of New Orleans since 1997. This blog will highlight the activities of our 2011 team.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

In Their Own Words. . .Conner Knutsen


As many may know, this is not my first trip down to “Nawlins” so the experience was slightly different. The first night everyone got together to learn the cheers and get a feel for things. I looked around and saw the look of confusion on the faces of those who were new. I wondered if I looked like that my first time. Not only was it different from the aspect that I was in tune with how things should go but this year, instead of spending our days gutting houses, we spent the day helping with a day camp. I was given the chance to lead a young soul to Christ. If the Lord wills, I plan to return again next year. Another year and another step towards Gods plan for my life.

No comments: